About Me

My photo
God is good. Greg and I have been priviledged to spend the last 16 years growing our marriage and our family. Mikayla is our oldest child, Jordan is next, and Isabella is our third. We hope you enjoy reading about our journey of Faith, Family & Fun!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Mountain Top Experiences

Our family went on vacation this last week. (that post to follow soon) There was one particular morning where I got up early and went for a run. When I was finished I decided to go and peer out over the surrounding mountains and view. As I stood there and tried to take in the vast beauty of it all, I was reminded how creative and amazing my God is. The wind seemed to swirl around me as I closed my eyes and listened to a worship song on my ipod. It was as if the wind was kissing my cheeks and then whisping away to find someone else to embrace. God was with me and it was an amazing time to just be still and enjoy all He has to offer in those moments.
I find myself encouraged and embraced by the Lord. However, I also find myself challenged. I LOVE those mountain top experiences and thank God that He allows us to have them every once in awhile. But, learning to carry those moments and encourage those around me can be more challenging. In all honesty, I'm selfish. I don't always want to put others first (as much as I hate to admit it). God granted me the serenity that I so desperately wanted this weekend. He is always in the process of granting me nuggets of wisdom. And I pray that I will always want to do better at trying to encourage others the way that He encourages me.

No comments: