About Me

My photo
God is good. Greg and I have been priviledged to spend the last 16 years growing our marriage and our family. Mikayla is our oldest child, Jordan is next, and Isabella is our third. We hope you enjoy reading about our journey of Faith, Family & Fun!

Friday, August 26, 2011

What, 35 already?

Wow! Where does the time go? My birthday comes around every year just like everyone else. But, I think this one snuck up on me a bit. I turned 35 this year. Now, I don't think that's super old or anything. But where has all the time gone? I remember being 20 and getting married like it was yesterday!


What I can say, is that the last 15 years have been especially good to me. I got married to the man that God had handpicked for me, I have been blessed with three wonderful children, and I have learned a lot about myself and others. I've definitely been stretched and grown a lot, but I'm thankful for those moments and challenges.

My birthday this year was one of thankfullness. Not because I was given some elaborate gift but because my perspective is a little different this year. Whether it was miracle babies born into our family recently, or the gift of education, or just the love of friends and family......there is much to be thankful for.

So, as I celebrate my birthday this year, I want those of you reading this to know that I am also thankful for you. I go over my blog list often and just pray for my friends and the lives that they are living. I think about some of you who are walking through those tough moments that challenge us throughout our lives and I pray for God to grant you peace.

Here's to us. To a year of great things and fun memories. A year of incredible moments to grow us. A year of fitting our lives into God's plans instead of trying to fit God into ours!