About Me

My photo
God is good. Greg and I have been priviledged to spend the last 16 years growing our marriage and our family. Mikayla is our oldest child, Jordan is next, and Isabella is our third. We hope you enjoy reading about our journey of Faith, Family & Fun!

Monday, May 6, 2013

~ IN THE STILLNESS ~

I went AWAY last weekend on a trip.......

There was a lot of ALONE time......

It was UNCOMFORTABLE to not be surrounded by close FRIENDS and FAMILY like it has always been in the past......

The SILENCE and BEAUTY of some of the moments was almost too overwhelming......

I had no cell phone service to CHECK IN with Greg and the kids......

I had NO computer/email/facebook/internet to DISTRACT me......

It was WONDERFUL and yet AWEFUL at times......

I literally could not IGNORE the silence OR the thoughts in my head and emotions in my heart that filled it......

GROWTH in every sense of the word is difficult, but it's worth it.......

I discovered more about myself this weekend......

It brings me great JOY to remember that HIS plans are to PROSPER me and not to HARM me (even if I can't see the trees from the forest at times)......

NOBODY ever promised EASY.......

I'm just THANKFUL to be on the ride that is MY LIFE.......



No comments: