About Me

My photo
God is good. Greg and I have been priviledged to spend the last 16 years growing our marriage and our family. Mikayla is our oldest child, Jordan is next, and Isabella is our third. We hope you enjoy reading about our journey of Faith, Family & Fun!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Memory Makers

The holidays are such a fun time to make special memories with the family. Last Saturday Mikayla and I got to go to a very special Christmas Tea at our friend's church. It was absolutely delightful seeing friends and being immersed in celebrating how wonderful life is because of the gift of a baby born to save us so long ago.

(I wish my scanner was working because the photos that we had taken turned out beautifully but alas it is not. Oh well.)

Afterward, our family just got to "hang out" with Greg's brother and his family. It was so great! Not only are they our family but we like them too! I am so blessed to have a sister-in-law as one of my close friends. I love it when we just get together and take it as it comes. It's so relaxing. We did go down to the lake and take some fun pictures too. I loved how they turned out.








Then on Sunday we were treated to all kinds of Christmas blessings. The first was during our church service. We got to see the Christmas story told to ballet by a company called Paradosi. It was amazing and really special to watch. There was such a gentleness and honor that was given throughout. Isabella loved it and has not stopped asking when I am going to sign her up for dance. Then it was Old Cannery time. We love going to the Old Cannery during the holidays. They are all about community and make it so much fun for the kids. We got to take a horse drawn carriage ride (and it snowed for us), ride the Santa Train outside (where it snowed on us some more), go inside to warm up with hot cocoa, slushies, and popcorn treats, and then get pictures taken with Santa. And finally, the girls got to go with their grandma and grandpa to their church on Sunday night to watch the children's program. What the girls didn't know was that it was the play, "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever". Mikayla and Isabella had a blast and came home yelling SHAZAM to everything. The smiles and enthusiasm filled my heart to overflowing. Not to mention getting to hang out with Grandma and Grandpa which is always awesome!






God is so good. There were years when our family was far away at Christmas and although those years were good, they were so very different. I am thankful for the gift of family. But, I am so much more thankful for the gift of a Saviour. I pray that you and yours are getting to enjoy each other this holiday season. But more, I pray that God is falling fresh over you and making His presence known in those moments of stillness.

1 comment:

The Williams Five said...

Sounds like lots of Christmas fun for the Earnhardt family! We also went to see "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever." One of my favorite books as a kid. However I wouldn't recommend going without your husband there to help, especially when you need 2 laps so all kids can see. Instead I spent most of it in the back of the church with Allison and Brian. Sigh. Oh well.