About Me

My photo
God is good. Greg and I have been priviledged to spend the last 16 years growing our marriage and our family. Mikayla is our oldest child, Jordan is next, and Isabella is our third. We hope you enjoy reading about our journey of Faith, Family & Fun!

Friday, February 5, 2010

Valentines and Soft Goodbyes


Isabella and I had a very good time today making valentines. She got to make one for Grandma that she was very proud of. Lots of craft supplies came out and glue is always a fun thing!!

Then after a relaxing and pretty low key day, our family headed off to Grandma and Grandpa's house tonight for dinner to say goodbye to my baby sister, Christina. She is leaving for Haiti tonight. (If you would like details about how she got to this point and what God is doing in her life through it, visit her blog "The Climb" on the side of my page.) After a delicious meal, she asked me to french braid her hair and I felt like we were in the 8th and 11th grade again. It was one of those moments that you realize just how much time has already passed in your lifetime. We packed the vehicle and then our family stood in a circle in my parent's living room and prayed for her and her trip. It was a moment that I cherish.



And of course, how do you entertain a bunch of cousins that are so excited to see each other and just had ice cream cake??? You blow up a few balloons and send them outside. It worked!!

2 comments:

Aaron and Heather said...

What a special night together with family... such a treasure!

Spoiled Daily In Love said...

We love getting crafty too! What a beautiful picture of you and your Sis!Stop by and say Hi! anytime at
50chubbytoes.blogspot ~ Warmly, EMichelle