About Me

My photo
God is good. Greg and I have been priviledged to spend the last 16 years growing our marriage and our family. Mikayla is our oldest child, Jordan is next, and Isabella is our third. We hope you enjoy reading about our journey of Faith, Family & Fun!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The hip bones connected to the..........

Does anyone else know what the medical term is for the hip bone? Does anyone else know what the correct term is for the thigh? WHEW!! I have jumped into my classes this quarter with both feet. This weekend I did some insane studying. As I memorized and located many many body parts and cavities and whatnot, I thought about the amazing way that God has put together the human body. It is awesome. More intricacies than I will ever understand.

There have been few times in my life that I have been happy with my body. I was always fat or plump (never skinny), short or just average, wanted straight hair when it was naturally curly, wanted to be a darker tan color than the hypercolor that I was blessed with (you know, the color that is highlighted with the beautiful vein hues), didn't like my freckles, etc.

I know I'm not the only one who has ever felt that way. I have a friend that takes pictures. She's really good. Her pictures all look amazing. The people in them look amazing. But....if you really look at her pictures, you find that the beauty in them and the draw towards them is the story they are telling. The glimmer in the eye or the slight smile of innocense. What intrigues, is the story or the relationship. Now, I am an advocate for exercise and healthy lifestyles. We do have that responsibility in it all. But more than that, I have learned to love myself. I've learned to love the body that God chose for me. The slightly shorter, not super thin, freckly, very white me. It is not an easy place to get to but I am thankful for the little steps that I take each day in remembering to be exactly who I am and who I was made to be (inside and out!).

1 comment:

The Finnestad Family said...

I know! I know! The hip bone's connected to the hamhock...am I right? :)

My bible study brought me to Psalm 139 this week, reminding me that we are indeed, fearfully and wonderfully made. I am so thankful God made you exactly the way he did - wonderful!!!